Pages

Sunday 8 September 2019

Wow! Has it really been THAT long since I posted??

It's been 4 years since I've posted on this blog, and... what can I say. I've been really busy.

Hentai Foundry started out as an outlet for me to let free the perve inside, and share those pervy ideas with others. It was also an experimental stage for me since my medium was always inks and not colour. So this was a great platform just to test the waters of my ability to colour. I never went to college to study things like colour theory but I still wanted to experiment with colouring characters and scenes. Some results have been good while others have been bad. But I think I've learned a lot along the way. I've never been one to shy away from criticism or fold up in a corner crying just because a piece of work wasn't well received by the viewing public. You either liked it or you didn't. And I paid attention to the criticism I received from others and tried to improve. Again, success and failures. But I've never regretted the experiences I've gained by doing so. After all, if you want to improve your craft you can't be arrogant or over sensitive, because that will lead you nowhere and you'll never improve. So thanks to everyone of my fans and my critics. I look forward to entertaining you for just a little bit more.

For the time being however I will be experimenting more with a more simplistic style. The reasons being that I find my simplistic style to be cuter and less time consuming, (meaning I'll be able to finish them quicker). The problem with doing fully rendered work like Mortal Kombat series is that it takes me two days to finish and sometimes not even efficiently in my own opinion. One day for drafts, inks and flats, the other to colour the entire scene. While others may enjoy the end results, it leaves me very little time to do anything else over the weekend which is the only time I have to do any illustrative work since I do have a day job. While from time to time I may want to do another complex piece, for the time being I won't. I prefer more flexibility in time, plus, I get more ideas that I can quickly jot down and finish in a matter of hours and not a whole day. So hopefully you'll still like the style regardless.

I'm gonna be posted most of my ideas here instead of Hentai Foundry because I tried posted a pic Sunday 1st of September, and it's STILL pending. This is frustrating because normally when I post it goes up the same day. But now it's been 7 whole days and no word. I have no idea if it's because I haven't posted in 4 years or some policy change that leaves new submissions in the queue longer, but it's a hinderance. So until the time when someone has finally reviewed the pic I'll be posted any new work to this blog page.

Thanks to everyone who have enjoyed my work over the years, and I hope you will still find my new work to be quite enjoyable. Love you all!

Sweet Slumber

No comments:

Post a Comment